Wednesday 10 July 2013

Author interview - Vanessa Wester

Vanessa's turn today... 

What was your favourite book when you were a child?

I can’t say I had one… I read loads of books and I had authors I liked to read.

If I had to choose one, it would have to be “The Magic Faraway Tree” by Enid Blyton.

I remember going into the bookshop with my dad and being captivated by the covers. Books were expensive growing up, so I spent a lot of time in the library and second hand bookstores.

What did you want to be when you grow up?

I did want to be an author before the age of 14.

Which children’s books have you read recently?

I read “Superworm” by Julia Donaldson (brilliant books) to my youngest as a bedtime story the other night.

What’s your favourite snack?

Oooo… has to be anything with chocolate! Maltesers or Galaxy… YUM!

If you could be any character in a book, who or what would you be?

I would be a unicorn… and have magic powers & immortality!

What do you do when you’re not writing?

Cooking, teaching math & swimming, reading, watch movies, walking and swimming for fitness.

Is there anything that scares you?

Heights!!!!

What story are you working on at the moment?


The finale of my Trilogy – so close to the end now…

1 comment:

  1. I can now say that the trilogy is finished... well, barring the months of editing now needed! :) Thanks for interviewing me, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete